[protege-owl] Modeling Problem

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Mon Oct 6 11:13:41 PDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 5:03 AM, Michael Lodemann wrote:

> I want to reason, if the sign position is set correctly between the
> starting- and end-point of the road.
>
> Is it possible to model this with protege-owl? And how should I start?

You can start just by building up the types and properties you will
need.  James Howison gives some tips on that representation.

To reason about anything involving computations, you would need to use
some reasoner outside of OWL.  You could either write custom code
(most likely Java) to do that, or you could look at using SWRL to
provide the computations.