[protege-owl] Save only Individuals in another file

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Mon Oct 6 11:36:09 PDT 2008

On Oct 4, 2008, at 12:33 AM, W.O.Wutzke wrote:

> Thanks for the answer Mr. Russ!
>
> As the thread name says, I want to save "only" the Individuals.
>
> I had also this idea of creating a new ontology file, import the
> current
> used ontology and add only the new created individuals to it.
> I have not realized yet, how to do this with the Protgé Java API.
> Does anybody have any example for it?

I don't have an example, but it seems that you need to use the method

    OWLOntology.addImports

and perhaps

    OWLModel.getOWLOntologyByURI

to get the ontology object for your newly created OWLModel.