[protege-owl] Do all reasoners pass class properties to the corresponding individuals upon ontology classification?

Patrick McCrae patrick.mccrae at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Oct 8 08:41:30 PDT 2008

Hi, Timothy -

 From your response I understand that the asserted properties of an
individual's superclass should be passed on to the individual via
inheritance after completing the classification process.

I am, however, obtaining diverging results with the different reasoners
FaCT++ and Pellet 1.5 integrated in Protege 4. When using Pellet the
superclass properties are indeed inherited by the instance. When using
FaCT++, however, only the asserted properties show up in the
corresponding view.

Is this a bug or a genuine difference in the behaviour of the two reasoners?

Thanks for your help again and best regards  -

Pat

Patrick McCrae
<http://cinacs.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=85>

CINACS Graduate Research Group