[protege-owl] abstract language to describe ontology

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 9 11:24:28 PDT 2008

Protege 4 will render an owl file in many different formats. When the
"Save As" menu is invoked it will ask you for the format that you
desire.  Of these various renderings, I think that the Manchester owl
syntax and the latex mode are possibilities.  If you use LaTeX for your
thesis (a much better choice than word), then the LaTeX rendering will
use a syntax that is appropriate for a formal dl paper.  The manchester
owl syntax is a bit less formal looking but it is a favorite for easy
reading and understanding.

-Timothy

The manchester owl syntax is one possibility.  Protege 4 will write out
your owl files in this and in several other