[protege-owl] Modeling "for-each" in swrl

Michael Lodemann milo at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Oct 13 02:35:48 PDT 2008

Hello,

I think this is kind of a newbie-question about using SWRL (or SQWRL?),
but I hope that someone can help me out phrasing the following issue:

Regarding my road-ontology-example
(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/26762) I
want to extend the verification capabilities.

I want to verify, that the length of all road-sections belonging to a
specific road doesn't exceed the road-length.

To descibe it in an object-oriented style:

int section_length = 0;
foreach(road_section in road.sections)
{
  section_length += road_section.length;
}

if(section_length == road.length)
  // thumbs up
else
  // thumbs down

Does anyone can make it clear how to describe sth. like this in SWRL? Is
it possible only with some swrlb:add statements, or do I have to use
SQWRL?

Thanks for help,
Michael