[protege-owl] Protege-OWL API - travel.owl setup problem in Eclipse

green1 lavanyasunilreddy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 08:17:01 PDT 2008

Hi Donal,

I am also seeing a similar exception. Can you pls. let me know how you fixed
this problem.

I am trying the following program
http://www.nabble.com/ProtegeOWL.class-error-td3180580.html#a3180580 in
Eclipse SDK 1.6.2

This is my file hierarchy:

C:\MHProject has subfolders:

Protege_3.4(full Protege installation), no core-protege

MHrpoject

MHrpoject
==> src
   ==>defaultpackage
      ===>Loadont.java

I did a right-click on Loadont.java and went to Buildpath setup.
I clicked on Libraries Tab, "Add External JARs" and added jena.jar, lax.jar,
looks-2.1.3.jar, protege-owl.jar, protege.jar.

I tried to run the program and got the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
	Unhandled exception type OntologyLoadException

	at Loadont.main(Loadont.java:25)

Can someone help me how to fix this. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Lavanya.

Donal Holland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Eclipse and the Protege-OWL API, so I'm trying to work
> through the API Programmer's Guide, but I'm having some problems. The
> Hello World example is working fine, but I'm getting the following
> warning:
>
>>WARNING: [Local Folder Repository] The specified file must be a directory.
(C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3.1\MyProtegePrograms\plugins\edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl)
-- LocalFolderRepository.update()