[protege-owl] Protege-OWL API - travel.owl setup problem in Eclipse

green1 lavanyasunilreddy at
Fri Oct 17 08:17:01 PDT 2008

Hi Donal,

I am also seeing a similar exception. Can you pls. let me know how you fixed
this problem.

I am trying the following program in
Eclipse SDK 1.6.2

This is my file hierarchy:

C:\MHProject has subfolders:

Protege_3.4(full Protege installation), no core-protege

==> src

I did a right-click on and went to Buildpath setup.
I clicked on Libraries Tab, "Add External JARs" and added jena.jar, lax.jar,
looks-2.1.3.jar, protege-owl.jar, protege.jar.

I tried to run the program and got the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
	Unhandled exception type OntologyLoadException

	at Loadont.main(

Can someone help me how to fix this. Appreciate your help.

Donal Holland wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to Eclipse and the Protege-OWL API, so I'm trying to work
> through the API Programmer's Guide, but I'm having some problems. The
> Hello World example is working fine, but I'm getting the following
> warning:
>>WARNING: [Local Folder Repository] The specified file must be a directory.
-- LocalFolderRepository.update()