[protege-owl] Re : How to use an Ontology

Filipe Pinto fpinto at estg.ipleiria.pt
Tue Oct 21 01:25:32 PDT 2008

Hi,
At this moment I'm starting with ontologies too.
By the opposite to Joseph I'm interested in database marketing ontology (focus on
database use within .marketing activities)
Joseph, if you want to, I can send to you my ontology and may be we could help each
other.

James,
Could you help me to this question:
-Is it possible to model in a ontology a process step  order (to data mining process:
1rst- data selection; 2nd) data pre-processing; 3rd) modeling,...)? How can I do this?
- After a selection made (e.g., attribute dataset selection) how can I model, in a
second level the dataset created?
- Is it possible to "calculate" values, and use them after?

I believe with these answers it would improve the way beginners could understand better
ontologies use...

best regards
Filipe Pinto