[protege-owl] sparql problem

Przemek teonacatl at tlen.pl
Tue Oct 21 05:03:02 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am new to Protege and SPARQL. I have been trying to follow the tutorial
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/11/16/introducing-sparql-querying-semantic-web-
tutorial.html?page=1 , and to run sparql queries against PeriodicTable ontology
(and a few others like wines or OpenGalen).

In all cases Protege will just underline first word (whatever it is: PREFIX or
SELECT) and won't let me execute any queries. And I just copied the queries
from tutorials.

Could anybody point me in the right direction, because I am wasting a second
day trying to sort it out, without any progress.

I am using Protege 4 on ubuntu, if that helps.

Thank you