[protege-owl] if SWRL rules make difference in reasoning process?

Przemek W teonacatl at tlen.pl
Wed Oct 22 10:38:06 PDT 2008

Thank you for your reply.

I have enabled the JessTab in (OWL/properties/tabs), and it looks slightly
different than here:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLJessTab#nid6RJ:

In fact, what I get is this:
http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~prw2/ss.png

There's just big blank tab with no buttons, or right click doesn't do
anything. How could I define any rules using it then?

U said, that:

Pellet outside of Protege 3.4, and, as far as I know, in Protege 4,
does use the SWRL rules, at least a decidable set-set, with a reduced
set of built-ins.

Would I be able to edit owl file (and define some SWRL queries) in text
editor, and then, using Protege 4, execute them somehow? (IF it realy does
support SWRL rules)

Or could you suggest some other way for defining and executing queries using
Protege? I am in a beginning phase and writting ontologies from scratch in a
notepad would be rather hard for me, so I would like to avoid it(at least
for now).

Best regards,
Przemek