[protege-owl] Exception in getPropertyValue

Maria M. maria.michou at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 02:04:14 PDT 2008

Hello,

Sorry if this has already been answered, but in the last two Protege 3.4
builds you have fixed the following:

*Several fixes for the Protégé-OWL code generator. The generated
getXYZ(String name) methods in the factory will return null if the name of
the individual passed as the argument does not have the right ontology type.
*

If we have several prefixes in a file, e.g. one base ontology and several
imported ontologies (consequently with different prefixes), how do I
determine the appropriate uri for each property I want *a priori* in
functions such as: getOWLDatatypeProperty and getOWLObjectProperty ?

In the previous 3.4 beta releases the function call would take an argument
such as:
OWLDatatypeProperty property =
owlModel.getOWLDatatypeProperty("prefix:property");

Now, I write: OWLDatatypeProperty property  =
owlModel.getOWLDatatypeProperty("#property");
I don't know if this is the right way, though.

At this step, I don't get any error, but when I try to retrieve the property
value I get an exception :
*
Code:* String property_value =
(String)individual.getPropertyValue(property);

*Exception:*

*WARNING: Invalid frame type:* DefaultOWLIndividual(
http://localhost/protege/3.4beta/instances_inf.owl#test23 of
[DefaultOWLNamedClass(http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Thing),
DefaultOWLNamedClass(...)
DefaultOWLNamedClass(...)
DefaultOWLNamedClass(...)
AbstractRedirectingDispatch.getDirectOwnSlotValues()
*java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null slot*
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.assertNotNull(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.checkSlot(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ModificationFrameStore.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.cleandispatch.AbstractRedirectingDispatch.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.cleandispatch.CleanDispatchFrameStore.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown
[...]
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.OWLUtil.getPropertyValues(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.OWLUtil.getPropertyValue(Unknown
Source)
    at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFIndividual.getPropertyValue(Unknown
Source)
    at master.LoginServlet.doPost(LoginServlet.java:97)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
    at
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thank you in advance,

Maria