[protege-owl] Can I use Protege OWL API with Protege 4.0 ?

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at
Thu Oct 23 09:09:30 PDT 2008

Hi Cho,
P4 is based on a complete rewrite.
The model (ontology) access is all through the very well documented OWL API
The UI and plugin framework has been written from scratch.
We have started the process of documenting the API [2], but this will take
us time.

It is not backward compatible with the Protege-OWL API.