[protege-owl] Can I use Protege OWL API with Protege 4.0 ?

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 09:09:30 PDT 2008

Hi Cho,
P4 is based on a complete rewrite.
The model (ontology) access is all through the very well documented OWL API
[1]
The UI and plugin framework has been written from scratch.
We have started the process of documenting the API [2], but this will take
us time.

It is not backward compatible with the Protege-OWL API.

Nick

[1] http://owlapi.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege4DevDocs