[protege-owl] rich-text-editor breaking accent in 3.3.1

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Fri Oct 24 23:05:41 PDT 2008

Hello,

maybe this already a known bug... maybe it's a (bad) feature:
the rich-text-editor which you can obtain when editing a string and
clicking on the magnifier glass does not produce accented characters
for accented characters, instead it produces numbered entities. This
is bad because the rendering very ugly in protege and because this
numbered entity generally ends up as such in OWL (i.e. in OWL xml, the
ampersand is escaped) would need all consumers to activate a rendering.

Is this a feature?
Currently I can only discourage my users to use that rich text editor
which is a pity considering that in the list, the normal macosx font
is actually only displayed half.

thanks for hints.

paul