[protege-owl] Which methods do I use to retrieve information on class property values?

Patrick McCrae patrick.mccrae at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Oct 27 13:00:43 PDT 2008

Hi, List -

I have already posted this question on the OWL Developer List but did
not receive any replies so I am hoping to be more lucky on this list.
Your help with this query would be much appreciated since it relates to
a mission critical aspect of my current project.

In my ontology I have asserted that some classes have the property
'has_Lexicalisation' whose value is an individual of another class
'Lexicalisation'.

Example:    (Class) 'Baker.m'  ---has_Lexicalisation---> (Individual of
Class Lexicalisation) 'baker'

I am now wondering which methods in the OWL API I need to use to obtain
the following information:

   1. What value does (Class) 'Baker.m' have for (Property)
      'has_Lexicalisation'?
      Expected answer: (Individual) 'baker'

   2. Which class has value (Individual) 'baker' for (Property)
      'has_Lexicalisation'?
      Expected answer: (Class) 'Baker.m'

I would have expected to find the desired methods in the OWLReasoner
class ... but somehow I seem not to have found the right ones. This may
be related to querying for the subject and object of the relation
'has_Lexicalisation' in the RDF-way of looking at things.

Could anybody please advise?

Thanks in advance and kind regards -

Pat
_______________________