[protege-owl] Protége and owl api xml owl serialization formats differ??

Pas Filip pasfilip at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:24:20 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm loading an ontology that's been edited with protégé using owl api.
I'm inserting new individuals into the ontology and saving it under another
path.
When I try to load the generated (completed) ontology I don't get to see
exactly the same thing in protégé as before.
It seems some presentation elements changed. I've tried just about any
subclass of OWLOntologyFormat but nothing seems to give the exact same
result.
All the names visible in protége are prefixed by some logical name which is
the same everywhere. (I only have one domain.)
Protégé doesn't show these prefixes unless I use owl api to save the
ontology under another owl file.
Do I need to set the default namespace somewhere? if so how?

Does anybody have any suggestions? I need the same look in protégé before
and after modifying the file.

Thanks in advance !