[protege-owl] Save OWL file using api with experimental native writer

Vitor Barbosa vitorhsb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 09:25:17 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

just a simple question here, or not so ever. Is it possible to use the
experimental native writer using the protege-owl api?

The reason is I don't personally like the output of the saved owl file from
the Jena writer. Instead I would like to save the file similarly to what it
can be previewed in the "Show RDF/XML source code" feature using XML
entities and sorting resources alphabetically (the properties I can choose
from the OWL->preferences).

All I could find about saving owl files with the api refers to the
JenaOWLModel save method. Is there a way of choosing the native writer
instead, or configuring the save method?

Could you help me in this task?

Thanks in advance,
Vitor