[protege-owl] Infering in Protégé 3.3.1 and query sparql

James Howison james at howison.name
Fri Oct 31 10:01:34 PDT 2008

I loaded this up in Protege and it seems that the SPARQL queries are
against the asserted model only.

I loaded the Protege created model in Jena and wrote out the complete
model and found this for :John

:John
       rdf:type owl:Thing , rdfs:Resource , :Person ;
       :director :Research ;
       :member :Research ;
       owl:sameAs :John .

that has both the :direct and the :member statements, as expected.  A
SPARQL query through Jena against a Model linked with a reasoner of
course is able to return both predicates for :John.

I suggest that the SPARQL query is not against the fully reasoned
model, but only the asserted.  Not sure why.  Perhaps try the SQWRL tab.

--J