[protege-owl] Infering in Protégé 3.3.1 and query sparql

James Howison james at howison.name
Fri Oct 31 11:24:58 PDT 2008

What I do is develop the ontologies in Protege, then save them to
disk.  Then I load them into Joseki, using Pellet or one of the Jena
built-in reasoners via a Jena model specification, then run the SPARQL
queries through a web-browser.  It's something of a drag, but at least
you know what you are getting---you can get moving it over down to a
single command with some scripting.

So the question is: can one execute SPARQL queries against a reasoned
ontology in Protege?

Anyone know?  Why, why not?

I would find it useful, especially if the results were shown with the
inferred results highlighted in red (but I know that's tricker) :)

--J

On 31 Oct 2008, at 1:55 PM, Zalba wrote:

> Thanks for yours answers.
>
> I usually work with Jena and I've no problem with query sparql on
> inferred model.
> Now I'm using Protégé because I need a GUI to create a lot of
> ontology quickly and I would to
> use SPARQL too as I do with Jena.
> So I want to solve this problem. It seems that doesn't infer nothing
> after using Pellet...

>>> member