[protege-owl] Cardinality restrictions in OWL

ED ecole.doctorale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 01:03:06 PDT 2009

> If I only create the one Container individual and no Node individuals,
> and ask the FaCT++ reasoner to execute over this ontology, no error
> occurs, even though I have defined a Container individual which does
> not contain any Nodes.

The Ontology is a guarantee for consistency, not completeness; that means that
if your containers doesn't have any node connect is not sufficient to say that
there is something wrong with your ontology ... keep in mind that you're working
on a model which make the hypothesis of the Open world Assumption .

Hope that helps.

Ed