[protege-owl] Setting the instance under consideration in the collaboration plug-in programmatically

simonpa simon.paradies.ext at
Fri Aug 7 01:54:33 PDT 2009

Hi Timothy,

thanks for investing the time to figure out this possibility. However, as
this should just be a stopgap, it would be nice if the plug-in provided
means to enable setting the instance. Maybe Tania gets aware of this
requirement somehow ;)

I looked a bit and I also did not see a clean way to do this.  As  far
as I can tell this is not exported anywhere.  I suspect that Tania did
not expect the collaborative pane to be updated except in response to a
selection change.

It is possible to get the AnnotationsDisplayComponent by walking the
gui.  In other words  I  reverse engineered
ProtegeCollabGUIProjectPlugin.insertCollabPanel and it worked.  But this
is an *extreme* form of a gross kludged hack.  (But devious enough that
I thought I  would mention it...)

    ProjectView view =
    JSplitPane parent = (JSplitPane) view.getParent();
    AnnotationsDisplayComponent annotations =
(AnnotationsDisplayComponent) parent.getRightComponent();
   OWLModel model = (OWLModel) kb;
    OWLNamedClass pizza = model.getOWLNamedClass("SpicyPizza");
Sent from the Protege - OWL mailing list archive at