[protege-owl] Creating local repository for a project

Marco Brandizi brandizi at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 14 03:57:04 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am working at an OWL file that imports (owl:imports) this:

   http://swan.mindinformatics.org/ontologies/1.2/swan-alzheimer.owl

and, transitively from the above, imports many other files from the same
URL (all located under 1.2/).

Since I often work off line, I have downloaded all the .owl files under
the URL above into the swan/ directory and I am trying, during the
project creation stage and after having disconnected my laptop, to tell
Protegé to use that directory as a local repository.

Unfortunately it keeps telling me swan-alzheimer.owl is missing and it
seems to completely ignore the repository selection part. I have tried
many options: local directory repo, absolute dir repo, local/absolute
file repo. It seems Protegé always looks at owl:imports and ignores
everything else.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a Protegé bug? It is being quite a
painful problem.

Marco Brandizi brandizi a-t ebi ac_uk>

NET Project - Software Engineer
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/net-project