[protege-owl] SWRL status

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 17 16:56:24 PDT 2009

With its default semantics SWRL is undecidable.

However, a restricted form call DL-safe SWRL has been defined [1, 2]
which is decidable. This is not a sublanguage per se, but rather a
restriction on the interpretation of rules.

Martin

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLLanguageFAQ#nid9VC
[2] http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/people/boris.motik/pubs/mss04dl-safe.pdf