[protege-owl] Protege server

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 20 08:47:35 PDT 2009

Yes. The server loads the ontologies at startup. After the
initialization, it is decoupled from the physical files. This also seems
like a one time operation, so it should not be a problem to restart the
Protege server after you have moved the project file from one folder to
the other.

If you want to make changes to an ontology shared through a Protege
server, then you should do it through a Protege client (connect to
server), not from a Protege standalone application.

See more details in the Protege multi-user tutorial on the wiki:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege_Client-Server_Tutorial

Tania