[protege-owl] Pallet Reasoner

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 24 08:20:28 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 4:17 AM, babar shahzad wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am one question. I have read from some post that Pallet reasoner
> does the complete OWL reasoning than
> any other reasoning engine can do.

The OWL language has been carefully crafted so that inference is
decidable.  Pellet is one of the reasoners that implements decision
procedures for OWL  but there are others (Hermit, FaCT, ...).  You are
more likely to be able to access these reasoners in Protege 4 than in
Protege 3 though.  Conceivably you could access many reasoners in
Protege 3 through DIG but DIG is not recommended at this point and
will cause you many problems.

-Timothy