[protege-owl] Error while parsing ontology created in Protege4 with OWLAPI

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 25 09:03:44 PDT 2009

First, Protege 4 loads and saves ontologies using the owlapi.  So
ontologies that you can load in Protege 4 certainly will load in the
owl api.

You need to provide some information about the error that you are
seeing.  My first guess - based only on information that you have
provided - is that you are having trouble with imports resolution.
Protege 4 handles problems with an import gracefully but if you simply
load an ontology with loadOntologyFromPhysicalURI an import that can't
be found it will fail:

    Parser: RDFXMLParser
    org.semanticweb.owl.io.OWLOntologyCreationIOException:
protege.stanford.edu

If this is your problem then it can be easily fixed.

-Timothy