[protege-owl] [protege-discussion] Protege fails to open project on linux

David Forslund forslund at mail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:37:02 PDT 2009

Tania Tudorache wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks a lot for sending the file. It is an OWL file that is
> accompanied by the wrong pprj file.
>
> The pprj file indicates that you are using the RDF Backend (RDF
> files), but you actually have an OWL file and it should be opened with
> the OWL backend.
>
> You can open directly the OWL file and save. This will generate a new
> pprj file that you can open next time. If you don't make any form
> configuration, then you can work directly with the OWL file rather
> than the pprj file in future.
I can open the owl file (which was generated by exporting the RDF
Protege project).  However, I can't get it show the information the same
as the pprj file.  The forms for editing don't show the same and the
vizualization is different.   This doesn't explain why I can open the
pprj file on Windows and not on Linux.  My issue isn't with the owl file
but with the .pprj file.

Thanks,

Dave Forslund