[protege-owl] SPARQL queries in Portege4.0

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 27 18:13:22 PDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 9:44 PM, javeria shafique wrote:

> are you recommending me to use DLQuery instead of SPARQL?????

Yes.  For owl, description logic inference is a much better choice
than sparql.  As Martin indicated another option - if you use Protege
3.4 is the SQWRL.   There is also a SPARQL-DL  used by the pellet folk
but I don't know too much about that.

The main argument against description logic inference is that it can
be heavyweight.

-Timothy