[protege-owl] API as Ontology

Faraz Fallahi faraz.fallahi at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 07:11:34 PDT 2009

Hi Jean-Marc,

thx for the response. Right now my applied rules look like this:

(1)
Java class --> OWL class
Java extended or implemented class -> OWL class which is subclassOf another
OWL-class
Java method --> OWL instanceOf the OWL class related to the method

Combined with your idea i would conclude these rules:

(2)
Java class --> OWL class
Java extended or implemented class -> OWL instance ("instance
extends/implements class")
Java method --> OWL property

I dont think that i need a mapping from java Instance to OWL, because i just
need a generell API-maping.
UML would go a little over the top for me. but ill keep it in the back of my
mind.
Its a pity that there is no OWL equivalent of methods (functions). I think
right now nothing seems to be against the use of alternative (2) but if you
have other suggestions im happy to read them.
Same applies for anyone else who has something to say about this :)

greetings faraz