[protege-owl] [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] Re: Problem in reading and writing owl file

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 31 16:49:32 PDT 2009

The error you are getting is a bit strange also.  It wasn't
ClassNotFound but method not found.  This makes me think that what
actually may be happening is that you have either the wrong
xercesImpl.jar, a duplicate or some other jar that contains the relevant
class.

I am pretty sure that it is a classpath issue for a couple of reasons.
First I ran your program without any problem here.  Second, looking at
the exception, it is saying that the jena library, in particular an
inner class with the name

   com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.impl.RDFXMLParser$MySAXParser

could not find a xerces library  method:

     org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(...)

We know that at one time the jena library compiled so (unless reflection
or something strange is involved) this method must have been present in
the xerces libraries.  (Even if reflection is involved, which I doubt,
the jena developers believed that this method would be present.)

IDE's can be configured in millions of ways and have their own rules.
So it isn't really possible for me to debug a netbeans ide issue.  If
you want me to help debug this further, we will have to reduce this to
pure java.  I made a small project.  Uncompress it and execute

    ant run.

It should run fine.  Then get you just need to figure  out how to  get
the IDE to run it the same way.

-Timothy