[protege-owl] save inferred knowledge through SWRLJess Tab in SWRLTab

Ronghua Xu ronghua0130 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 01:09:26 PST 2009

Hello,

I want to do some tests using SWRLTab in my application.

After loading a pprj file(created by protege, including OWL and SWRL rules) as
a project into the SWRLTab, I activated the SWRLJess Tab and successfully
translated OWL+SWRL to Jess and run Jess to get the inferred facts(I can see
them in the 'Inferred Axioms' field). Then I pressed the Jees->OWL button, but
the owl file of the project did not change(did not get any new facts added)

questions,

1. Is it because that it is necessary to press the 'save' button in protege-
frame in order to save the inferred facts?
2. I guess that I have to save the JenaOWLModel which is created during the
inference process to save the inferred facets(add inferred facts into the owl
file). How to save the JenaOWLModel when just using SWRLTab in my own
application?

Any help or points would be appreciated.

--Ronghua Xu--