[protege-owl] Database backend back to OWL/RDF

Bo De Lange bodelange at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 04:17:32 PST 2009

Hi there,

we are running a database backend Server-Client setup (3.4 beta, build 519).
Regularly, we require a local copy of the ontology. Clients can easily
obtain the latest .owl file by File:Export to Format: OWL. However, they
also require the latest .pprj to see all the forms and multislot browser
patterns correctly in the local copy.

For the database backend version, we have a Project-dba.pprj file, which
will not work on local machines without access to the SQL database. So we
need to convert the whole dba project on the server machine to an RDF/OWL
file project that we can copy and use elsewhere. To do this, I've started
the dba project locally on the server machine, and chose File:Convert
project to Format:OWL/RDF Files. However, and this will be a familiar
problem for Tania, the conversion crashes on the Jena writer. Somehow we
require the Protege Native writer, which I cannot invoke from this menu
option.

Is there a quick solution?
Ideally, we would like for it to be possible to do the export to OWL/RDF
files from the client side in the server setup.

Thanks,

Bo