[protege-owl] assigning a class to a property

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed Feb 4 15:25:52 PST 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 1:58 PM, arodriguez at dis.ulpgc.es wrote:

> I'm trying to describe a feedback scoring class in the context of a
> multimedia system. (users score the multimedia resources they watch),

What sort of scale do they use for scoring?

Is something like a 1 to 5 scale?  Symbolic values?

> and I would like the reasoner to clasify them from good to bad. So I
> though that restricting the values that the property 'score-value' can
> take would facilitate further inferences.
> I will follow your advise and use a datatype property.

That would only be reasonable if your score values were literals.  If
they are categorical, you could very easily set up an EvaluationValue
class which is an enumerated set of individual values.  The individual
values would be declared owl:allDifferent.  You could then proceed to
write your restrictions in terms of these individuals.