[protege-owl] SWRL Bridge, Jess and Pellet working together

W.O.Wutzke wagner.wutzke at
Thu Feb 5 02:10:36 PST 2009

I have read in from [1] that the Pellet could be used to find inconsistences
during the inference using the SWRL Bridge.

How does it work?

1 - Does Pellet work like a Truth Maintenence Mechanism and doesn´t let the
SWRL-Bridge infer the facts in conflict? if yes, would be possible to
"update" functional properties and simulate a non-monotonic behaviour?

2 - or does Pellet just identify the inconcistencies after the inference? in
this case I should able to find these facts in order to rectify the ontology
and keep the last inferred values. Would it be possible with the Protégé

Sorry if I missunderstood everything.

In fact, I am already having the problems as described in [1] because of the
monotonic behaviour of OWL, but it was possible to correct it by software.
But it still not being an elegant solution.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Hamburg - Germany

[1] -
Sent from the Protege - OWL mailing list archive at