[protege-owl] SWRL Bridge, Jess and Pellet working together

W.O.Wutzke wagner.wutzke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 02:10:36 PST 2009

Hello,

I have read in from [1] that the Pellet could be used to find inconsistences
during the inference using the SWRL Bridge.

How does it work?

1 - Does Pellet work like a Truth Maintenence Mechanism and doesn´t let the
SWRL-Bridge infer the facts in conflict? if yes, would be possible to
"update" functional properties and simulate a non-monotonic behaviour?

2 - or does Pellet just identify the inconcistencies after the inference? in
this case I should able to find these facts in order to rectify the ontology
and keep the last inferred values. Would it be possible with the Protégé
API?

Sorry if I missunderstood everything.

In fact, I am already having the problems as described in [1] because of the
monotonic behaviour of OWL, but it was possible to correct it by software.
But it still not being an elegant solution.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wagner

Hamburg - Germany