[protege-owl] SPARQL query against inferred individual types

Mark Wallace mwallace at 3SigmaResearch.com
Fri Feb 6 07:13:56 PST 2009

Hi all.  Repeating my question more succinctly...

Using Protege 3.4 beta build 519, I compute inferred types and expect
them to get put back into the model per
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/ProtegeReasonerAPI.  However,
when I issue a SPARQL query against the model, I do not get the inferred
types.

E.g. with an initial ontology including:
    Vehicle a owl:Class
    Car rdfs:subClassOf Vehicle
    Civic a Car

I do reasoner.computeInferredIndividualTypes() and then
model.executeSPARQLQuery() with this query:
    SELECT * WHERE {<http://example.com/veh#Civic> a ?o
but only get 1 row back:  with Civic a type of  Car.

If the model was updated with the new facts, why don't I also get:
Civic a type of Vehicle
Civic a type of Thing
?

Thanks,