[protege-owl] Posible bug getting the domain set of an Object Property

secevalliv at gmail.com secevalliv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:37:21 PST 2009

Hi all,

We are developing a plug-in for Protege 4.0 [1] and we have a beta version
almost ready. The past days when we were trying to jar up the plugin we
realized that it does not work with Protege 4.0 beta, we also realized that
the problem begins with the following code line:
  Set<OWLDescription> propertyDomain = oProperty.getDomains(ontology);

We are getting a java.lang.NullPointerException as a result of the execution
of this line. The complete trace is at [2].

We have developed the plugin using Protege 4.0 alpha classes and when we run
it from eclipse it works smoothly.

Is this a bug?, or are we missing something?

Thanks in advance,

José Villaveces

[1] http://ols2owl.sourseforge.net/
[2] Uncaught Exception in thread AWT-EventQueue-0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.OWLOntologyImpl.getAxioms(OWLOntologyImpl.java:2059)
at
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.OWLOntologyImpl.getObjectPropertyDomainAxioms(OWLOntologyImpl.java:838)
 at
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.OWLObjectPropertyExpressionImpl.getDomainAxioms(OWLObjectPropertyExpressionImpl.java:49)
at
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.OWLPropertyExpressionImpl.getDomains(OWLPropertyExpressionImpl.java:64)