[protege-owl] Problem with ontology import

Dave butlerdi butlerdi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 02:17:42 PST 2009

I have never seen a proxy option either in the screens or the code so I
would guess there is not this option. The ontologies can be downloaded by
using the URI in the import statement and stored locally. On my laptop for
offline use I just put them in the same directory structure they came from
and make a reference in the Hosts file to point to localhost. Works fine
offline on laptop as well as on other machines when connected.

You can find them also using
Sindice http://sindice.com/
Watson http://watson.kmi.open.ac.uk/WatsonWUI/
OntoSelect
http://olp.dfki.de/ontoselect;jsessionid=A6A8679F171DAA418B300874E9B4F571?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:de.dfki.ontoselect.SearchOntologies

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Raouf Abdelhamid <
abdelhamid.raouf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a problem with importing ontologies (foaf, dublin core, skos) in my
> protege editor (due to a proxy i think)
>
> Is there some way to configure the access to the proxy within protege ?
>
> Otherwise, where can i download these ontologies to add them manually ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Raouf

Regards

Dave Butler