[protege-owl] Difficulties querying with SWRL in protege 3.4

mbikinyi brat mbikinyi_brat at
Mon Feb 16 04:05:55 PST 2009

Dear ALL,
I have wrtten this query using the SWRLTab in protege 3.4
 hasEnergyLoad(F1, ?x)  ∧hasEnergyLoad(R2, ?y)   → swrlb:add(?x, ?y)
Where F1 and R3 are instances. In my dataproperty, I have given values for the EnergyLoad x(2.3) and y(0.7).
When I execute the above rule I was expecting the results to be 3. But these are  the statement I get:

See for documentation.
Executing queries in this tab does not modify the ontology.
Select a SQWRL query from the list above and press the 'Run' button.
If the selected query generates a result, the result will appear in a new sub tab.
Query 'Rule-7' did not generate any result.
NB: I do not understand the last statement which reads: "Query 'Rule-7' did not generate any result".
Can someone help please?