[protege-owl] how to copy text from class annotations

Elena Beisswanger elena.beisswanger at uni-jena.de
Tue Mar 3 06:26:08 PST 2009

Hi Nick,
> The annotations views allow you to select and copy (Ctrl-C/Command-C)
> and paste into a text editor or whatever.

Thanks for pointing out (honestly, when I was unsuccessful regarding
copying the class labels in the class hierarchy, I didn't try further).

Still I think two things would be very useful:

1. If I could select parts of the class hierarchy for copying by mousing
over it (and in the same time the successful selection should be made
visible by e.g. changing the background color).

2. If in the annotation views I could not only select the whole
annotation for copying, but if I could select the annotation text alone,
by mousing over it (again the successful selection should be made
visible by e.g. changing the background color).
Currently I've no choice than copying the annotation text together with
the name and possible type of the annotation. The result looks, for
example, like: "adult mouse"^^string, while I'm only interested in
'adult mouse'.

Elena