[protege-owl] Mapping Class level constraints to subclasses

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 07:03:18 PST 2009

Babar,

Let me see if I've interpreted your question correctly.

classA has two subclasses A#1 and A#2
classB has several subclasses B#1, B#2 etc

"All classAs are related to at least one classB via property hasMember"
classA -> hasMember some classB

Now you want to say that instances of A#1 (for example) are MORE
SPECIFICALLY only related to B#1s or B#2s.
A#1 -> hasMember only (B#1 or B#2)
Or "all A#1s have at least one member from B#1 or B#2 and no other classes"

This is fine and there is no conflict with the restriction inherited
from classA.

Nick