[protege-owl] SWRL rules in calculating surface areas using swrlb:divide

mbikinyi brat mbikinyi_brat at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 09:56:20 PST 2009

Dear All,
I have instances of PVarray that I wish to design(i.e. size the PVarray). The Formula for the size(S) of a PVarray given module efficiency(E) and total household energy load (P) is S=P/E
In my ontology, rule 1 below selects the minimum module efficiency, rule 2, totals all the energy load in the house.
I wrote rule 3, thinking it will consider rule 1 and rule 2 above so that I can obtain the module size S=hasArea?. In order words how do I do it such that whenever rule 1 and 2 are executed rule 3 is executed using the results of rule 1 and 2.

1) hasModuleEfficiency(?x, ?y)  ∧PVArray(?x)   → sqwrl:min(?y)
2) hasEnergyLoad(?x, ?y)  ∧HouseholdEnergyAppliance(?x)   → sqwrl:sum(?y)
3)hasEnergyLoad(?x, ?y)∧HouseholdEnergyAppliance(?x)∧hasModuleEfficiency(?x, ?z) ∧
swrlb:divide(?a, ?y, ?z)  → hasArea(?x, ?a)

Regards,
Nan