[protege-owl] Namespace issue

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 4 12:18:15 PST 2009

Protege (not Jena) doesn't support the notion of having two namespaces
for the same long prefix.  If it did then it would get into trouble
deciding which name to use for its resources.  I am not sure why this
would be desired because of this ambiguity.  But in OWL this is
perfectly ok.  I think that what Protege does when reading such a file
is to lose one of the namespaces.  This only changes the presentation
of the file and not the meaning.

-Timothy