[protege-owl] Loading the OWL version in protege 3.4 RC1

Allyson Lister a.l.lister at
Fri Mar 6 10:09:00 PST 2009

Hi all,

I downloaded today's sbo OWL file (attached) and opened it in protege 3.4
RC1 on a machine running ubuntu intrepid 64 bit.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, for some reason the default
namespace is set to MathML - and this is with having the default namespace
*actually* set to SBO, as the excerpt of the OWL file below prooves:

So, why is Protege doing this? Do you have any idea? I've sent to both
protege owl and SBO. Perhaps somehow I've managed to set something

Perhaps this is the expected behavior? In any case, the default namespace
should be the SBO one. I cannot figure out how it managed to assign MathML
as the default ns. Any help would be most appreciated!

Whenever I try to change the default namespace within protege, it says it
saves the file. But then I open Protege again and MathML is still there as
the default ns. Weird!

Thanks very much,

Allyson Lister

Newcastle University