Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-owl] Loading the OWL version in protege 3.4 RC1

Allyson Lister a.l.lister at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Mar 9 00:53:40 PDT 2009


Hi Thomas,

Thanks very much for your thoughts. Indeed, I am only wanting to import this
file into another ontology, so I don't need to be doing any editing of the
MathML sections.

I've done a global search and replace of all "<math>" tags (opening and
closing), replacing with mathml:math - and adding an xmlns:mathml to the
header. This has meant that the default namespace is now being read
correctly. However, I have what seems to be a related problem.

When I try to import the ontology into another one, with my repository file
as so:

[Dublin Core DL Redirect]
./SBO_OWL-06-03-2009.owl?forceReadOnly=true


then I get an error from Protege telling me that it cannot find the
namespace http://biomodels.net/SBO/#. Even if I try to tell it that file
explicitly, it still says it cannot find that namespace. Do you have any
suggestions?

Why would Protege give such an error when reading in this file for an
import?

Thanks very much!

2009/3/6 Thomas Russ <tar at isi.edu>

>
> On Mar 6, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Allyson Lister wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I downloaded today's sbo OWL file (attached) and opened it in
> > protege 3.4 RC1 on a machine running ubuntu intrepid 64 bit.
> >
> > As you can see from the attached screenshot, for some reason the
> > default namespace is set to MathML - and this is with having the
> > default namespace *actually* set to SBO, as the excerpt of the OWL
> > file below prooves:
> >
> > <rdf:RDF
> >     xmlns="http://biomodels.net/SBO/#"
> >     xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
> >     xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
> >     xmlns:daml="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil#"
> >     xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#"
> >   xml:base="http://biomodels.net/SBO/#">
> >
> > So, why is Protege doing this? Do you have any idea? I've sent to
> > both protege owl and SBO. Perhaps somehow I've managed to set
> > something incorrectly?
>
> I suspect that somehow the parsing is getting confused by encountering
> the MathML markup tags, which look like
>
>  <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
>
> and introduce their own default namespace.  Now, according to the XML
> parsing rules, that should be a local effect, valid only inside the
> scope of the tag, but perhaps there is a bug in the parser or
> namespace handler used by Protege that ends up keeping the last such
> namespace encountered, instead of properly respecting the namespace
> scoping rules.
>
> As a work-around, perhaps what you need to do is to introduce a math:
> prefix and use that for the MathML parts.  Since they have structured
> parts with their own sub-tags, this could get a bit tedious, although
> it may be possible to do this using some sort of editor script.
>
> I'm not quite sure how Protege will handle the RDF literal parses of
> the MathML objects, though.
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing:
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
>



-- 

Allyson Lister
http://lurena.vox.com

CISBAN, http://www.cisban.ac.uk
Newcastle University
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20090309/3e6b6788/attachment.html>


More information about the protege-owl mailing list