[protege-owl] Importing data from EXCEL into Protege

Emilio Nunez enunez at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 10 08:59:27 PDT 2009

Folks: I have an EXCEL spreadsheet with 1300 rows and several columns. Each
row represents a different reservoir and the columns are properties of each
reservoir. I need to use Protégé 3.4 because I am using SWRL. I am trying to
use Datamaster v1.3.1 to import the data. I have reservoir as a class in my
ontology and the properties in the table are datatype properties of
reservoir. I have found information on using x1SQL-Y8 JDBC driver for Excel,
but what I am missing is an exact step by step guide as to how to structure
the data in EXCEL and exactly how to fill out all the boxes in Datamaster
plug-in. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this. Thanks in
advance. Regards, Emilio.

Emilio J. Núñez

Assistant Director for Research Relations

Cockrell School of Engineering

The University of Texas at Austin

1 University Station C0300

Austin, TX 78712

Physical Address:

Rm 3.102 CPE (Chemical & Petroleum Engineering Bldg.) Speedway & W. Dean
Keeton St.

Office: 512.471.2796

Mobile: 512.964.0282

enunez at mail.utexas.edu