[protege-owl] Expressing value range for data type property

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Tue Mar 10 11:02:30 PDT 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 12:59 PM, babar shahzad wrote:

> I have a datatype property 'hasPositionX', whose domain is 'classA'
> & range is 'float'.
> I have to create a restriction like, " classA hasPositionX >= 0 or
> <= 10 " ......( i.e. any value from 0 to 10 )
>
> How can I write this restriction in p3.4.

You can't.
You need to use OWL 2.0 to write restrictions like this.

Unless the range of the position is integers.  In that case, you can
choose to enumerate all of the possible fillers.  This would be
practical only for small ranges of the integers, but from 0 to 10 it
would work.  You would restrict the type of the property (or set its
range) to be an enumerated set.