[protege-owl] p4 DL Query

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed Mar 11 09:37:14 PDT 2009

On Mar 11, 2009, at 5:41 AM, babar shahzad wrote:

> I made an Individual of a ' Shelf_1 ' class, ' FruitShelf ', assign
> a value to its ' hasPositionX ' datatype property a value [>=0.0,
> <11.0] -->type float.
> Now when I write query ' hasLocation some float ', it shows '
> FruitShelf ', when I execute query ' hasLocation value "5.0" ^^
> float ', it doesn't show the individual but super class i.e. Shelf.
> Can any tell whats wrong here.

Individuals are different from Classes.

Subsumption reasoning only works with classes, not between individuals.

You would need to create a Fruit-Shelf class with the restriction you
have in order to get recognition you seek.  Or else you need to write
your own reasoning code to perform the inference that you are looking
for.