[protege-owl] DL Query and SQWRL

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at
Wed Mar 11 14:52:10 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM, babar shahzad <babarathotmail at> wrote:
> Is it not possible to use SQWRL with p4 ?

Currently not.

> There is very little guide about queries that can be used in DL Query Tab. Are there built ins for DL Query?
> Is there some detailed document for DL Query ?

A DL query is an OWL class expression. That's it.
OWL class expressions are very well documented
in the OWL specs.

In P4, these class expressions are written in the Manchester Syntax.
(I don't know why they are called "descriptions" there.)

So, that's the syntax and semantics.

A separate question is what are the answers to a DL query
supposed to be.
Currently P4 shows the

* named individuals that belong to the queried expression
* named classes that are sub classes of the queried expression
* named classes that are super classes of the queried expression