[protege-owl] DL Query and SQWRL

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:52:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM, babar shahzad <babarathotmail at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is it not possible to use SQWRL with p4 ?

Currently not.

> There is very little guide about queries that can be used in DL Query Tab. Are there built ins for DL Query?
> Is there some detailed document for DL Query ?

A DL query is an OWL class expression. That's it.
OWL class expressions are very well documented
in the OWL specs.

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Syntax#Class_Expressions

In P4, these class expressions are written in the Manchester Syntax.

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/ManchesterSyntax#Descriptions
(I don't know why they are called "descriptions" there.)

So, that's the syntax and semantics.

A separate question is what are the answers to a DL query
supposed to be.
Currently P4 shows the

* named individuals that belong to the queried expression
* named classes that are sub classes of the queried expression
* named classes that are super classes of the queried expression

--
kaarel