[protege-owl] ontology visualization

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Mar 12 09:05:12 PDT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 6:19 AM, Nick Drummond wrote:

> Julia,
>
> Well, setting your jnlp to state 1.5 at least allows the thing to
> try and run.
> However, I don't think turning your IDE compliance level down to
> 1.5 is enough on its own - I think it still needs compiling with a
> jdk1.5 compiler.
> Hence the UnsupportedClassVersionError when I try to run it.

At least at the command line, the Java 1.6 compiler is able to target
earlier versions and should produce appropriate byte codes for those
versions.

I'm not sure exactly what IDE settings are needed to accomplish that,
however.  The other issue with changing the IDE settings, is that one
will need to clean the project in order to be sure that all of the
files get compiled with the changed settings.

And one also has to beware of library dependencies.

I did find a nice tool for examining .class and .jar files for Java
version compatibility:

   http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~leif/opensource/bcver/BcVerApp.html

with an updated list of version information:

major  minor Java platform version
45       3           1.0
45       3           1.1
46       0           1.2