[protege-owl] Ontology visualization

Eddy Vanderlinden info at
Fri Mar 13 03:32:35 PDT 2009

Hello Julia,

What I ment with re-initialization is that the ontology gets its shape as with the opening of the ontology.
I had to reload the ontology a few times after browsing because I went lost. This can perhaps easily be solved.
Perhaps the feature exists and I do not see it right now.

Thanks to your program I remarked that the consistency is gone for Pellet and not for FaCT++.
The latter reasoner is the one I use normally.
This is very strange since I tried to find the reason with other programs too: Mindswap, Wonderweb,...
The findings they report do not match with what is found really in the ontology.
Since I use XML/OWL, that could be the reason.
I'll try with RDF/OWL and see what the reasoners report.

If any-one in the group has experience with this different appreciation of Pellet/FaCT++ please let it know.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:21:07 +0100
From: Julia Dmitrieva <juliadmtr at>
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] Ontology visualization
To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor
<protege-owl at>
<e3d37b910903121421t50ff24b8o6f47e061002d82ee at>

Thank you Eddy for reaction.

I think now that I need to implement it
also without reasoner, because very frequently
people make inconsistent ontologies at the beginning.

Could you explain more clearly  what you mean with " re-initialize".

With best regards,