[protege-owl] Bug?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 16 16:48:58 PDT 2009

Sorry for the pain.

This is what happens: Between P3.3.1 and P3.4 we have made some
important changes in the way entity names are represented internally.
Before, a class would be called internally "Person", but in 3.4 the name
is the fully qualified one, say "http://a.com#Person".

The pprj file stores the information about the browser slots for
classes. For example, let's say that the browser slot for class Person
was "firstName" (a property the ontology). The 3.3.1 pprj would store
this information "Person browser text firstName" (in a more obfuscated way).

When you move to 3.4, the information should be "http://a.com#Person
browser text http://b.com#firstName".

Unfortunately saving the .forms file will not help because only the
layout information is stored, not the browser text.

A simple solution could be emacs or any other text editor. You have to
search for the property and class names and replace them with the fully
qualified name. That would work.

It is also possible to write a simple script file that does this for
you, but I think a text editor is faster.

Tania