[protege-owl] Unique cannonical serialization (using Subversion or some such)

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Tue Mar 17 15:33:25 PDT 2009

On Mar 17, 2009, at 7:56 AM, Eric Peterson wrote:

> Hi folks;
>
> I'm having a hard time collaborating Protege-wise with my cohorts.
> We are a Subversion shop, but due to the fact the Protege serializes
> vastly differently for small changes, we can't diff and merge
> conflicting versions of our OWL files.

Try using the Experimental native writer for OWL.  It writes things
out in a manner that is much more friendly for source control systems.

You activate it in the menu item

    OWL > Preferences...

    "General" tab section "RDF/XML Writer Settings".

Make sure the "Sort resources alphabetically" is also checked.